While impeachment hearings about one man dominate the news, thousands rally at the Supreme Court for an immigration case that could impact millions. And all around the world, from the Congo to Chile, from Iraq to Honduras, it is young people who are taking to the streets to fight for a future. In that spirit, we present our second feature from our recent trip to Cuba: An interview with two Americans training in Cuba to be doctors. Plus Headlines:
- Thousands rallied outside the court in an action called “Here Is Home” to demonstrate support for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA.
- Chantal James reports on one SCOTUS case that prompted one heartbroken family to travel to DC from Mexico.
- Medea Benjamin of Code Pink was assaulted at the press conference by right-wing thugs then, later, DC police attempted to arrest Benjamin at her home, saying that she assaulted Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz at the same press conference.
- Journalist Aaron Mate gives feedback on first day of Trump impeachment hearings.
- A federal court has ruled that US government agents cannot search travelers’ electronic devices at the border or at airports without reasonable suspicion of illegal contraband.
- And finally major social justice actions are happening this weekend: The Puerto Rican Diaspora Summit; the ANSWER Coalition is rallying against the coup in Bolivia; Refuse Fascism is holding rallies to oppose the Trump -Pence regime; the family and supporters of death row inmate Rodney Reed are holding vigils for him in Texas, Los Angeles and here in DC at the Supreme Court.
If you enjoy our grassroots news show, which we provide free
online, on podcast and on Pacifica stations and affiliates, please click here or click on the Support-Donate tab on
this website to subscribe for as little as $3 a month. We are so grateful for
this small but growing amount of monthly crowdsource funding on Patreon. You can also give a
one-time donation on PayPal.
The show is made possible only by our volunteer energy, our resolve to keep the
people’s voices on the air, and by support from our listeners. In this new era
of fake corporate news, we have to be and support our own media!